[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
badkittygames.net • View topic - June 2018 Poll of the Month

June 2018 Poll of the Month

Official forum for all things related to NoMoshing's Harem Collector.

What did you think of us listing Iron Waifu Prizes?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 am

Didn't make a difference
25%
Loved it
35%
Not enough detail
4%
Save prize info for the semi-finals
10%
I don't want prize info
10%
I don't want there to be a prize
10%
Other (Please leave a comment)
8%

Total votes : 52

June 2018 Poll of the Month

Postby 2095conash » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 am

So this year in Iron Waifu, we wanted to see how giving out information on all the potential prizes would go. We certainly noticed a few differences but now that Iron Waifu has wrapped up, we'd like to hear your thoughts about how it was handled! So now's the time to speak up!
community manager and admin, feel free to for any comments, questions, or concerns.

I guess I get a mod voice now too. Cool. If you see me using this someone dun goofed.
2095conash

Re: June 2018 Poll of the Month

Postby ZeraAzimuth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:02 am

I've got a bone to pick with the iron waifu tourney this year, for several reasons. But i feel the announcement of the PRIZES before the tourney even started was a bad idea. Dotn get me wrong, i like knowing what is coming in advance as much as the next person, but i personally feel that announcing it THAT early gave ALOT of support for people that really wouldn't have done as well without the knowledge. Iron waifu to me, is a big popularity contest with a prize for the winner. Regardless of what the prize might be. But instead, the PRIZE was the determining factor for alot of people, and i REALLY dont like that.

Thats all ill say on the matter.
All hail the cat goddess! Yamamaya-sama!! ^_^
Currently running a dnd style game for "Glacier"
Currently eating: lots of candy
Writing a story! Check it out sometime~
ZeraAzimuth

Postby scro » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:05 am

It made a difference for me. But I wasn't sure if it should have or not.

Some prizes were much bigger than others. But did they all come from the same resource pool, meaning that the total amount of new content over the next year or so did not vary with prize size, just the amount of discretionary spending vs locked in content centered around the Iron Waifu? If not, voting for someone with a tiny prize is horrible waste. If so, voting for someone with a large prize risks overruns screwing with the following years plan, though the real problem would be prizes containing costly things I don't care about.

Anyway, the prizes stuff was interesting and kinda informative, but also kind of not informative.
scro

Postby 2095conash » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 am

community manager and admin, feel free to for any comments, questions, or concerns.

I guess I get a mod voice now too. Cool. If you see me using this someone dun goofed.
2095conash

Postby Seil » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:58 am

Hummm. I am kind of conflicted on the issue tbh.

On one hand i do not want the prizes to be known in advance, because as we've seen this IW, it influences some girls more than others and actually makes some girls positions weaker/stronger, compared to if there was no such info.

On the other, if some girl wins and her prizes are kinda not what the people expected. Let's say like Orange Kid, because her rewards are kinda lacking compared to most. And that kinda feels bad.

Also some girls just don't have great prizes to begin with, due to circumstances. Like most girls with Love Quests being done for example or like Brig when it's just too early to make relevant content for her yet.

In the end i voted for "I do not want to know prizes in advance" option.
Last edited by Seil on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Because, you are... a puppet.
Seil

Postby Alcareru » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:20 am

Since this was my first time voting on it didn't make a difference to me.
Alcareru

Postby moonblack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 am

I voted "Other". A few times the prizes helped me decide who to vote for, because I liked both girls equally. But for the most part I voted for who I wanted to, regardless of prizes, in some cases even voting for the girl with obviously worse prizes.
Flower Knight Girl ID: 304089363
moonblack

Postby lostone2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 am

lostone2

Postby Remi le Oduen » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 am

In my opinion, there shouldn't be any prizes, otherwise a popularity contest turns into a bargaining. There were enough comments of the sort in almost each day of this year's Iron Waifu. At least the prizes shouldn't be known until the winner is decided.

And yes, I feel bitter for this year's results. But even if the winner was one of my favorites, I would've still thought announced prizes are bad.
I do adore Clementine l'Orange
Remi le Oduen

Postby Flutterby » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 pm

I honestly feel there shouldn't be any prizes at all for this contest. Putting something tangible on the line really takes away from the basic 'popularity contest' aspect of the tournament, and kind of detracts from the whole idea.
Flutterby

Next

Return to Harem Collector