[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
badkittygames.net • View topic - Satisfaction menu suggestions

Satisfaction menu suggestions

Official forum for all things related to NoMoshing's Harem Collector.

Satisfaction menu suggestions

Postby 2095conash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 am

Hey everyone, so we've been hearing that people aren't quite satisfied with the satisfaction menu and so we're hoping to help fix it up in a few ways soon. You can expect to see me giving it a visual upgrade by the January release, and we're hoping that improving it more mechanically will follow suit though the time-frame on that is a bit more shaky. One of the main issues that we can have with it is that it tends to be a bit more difficult to get feedback in regards to what you fans would like to see different from it.

So to that end, we decided to open the floor up to you fans to discuss what you'd like to see from the satisfaction menu! Feel free to suggest ideas or changes here, be them visual or mechanics!

For example, we've had a few fans bring up how in Sengoku Rance (where the satisfaction menu is largely inspired from) you could increase your stats from it and maybe the satisfaction menu here should aim to offer such an option. For me personally I think that there's a bigger issue in how the satisfaction menu offers you everything immediately and it makes it more bland, that potentially having stuff that you can only get when you meet some generic requirements (like maybe when you become a Journeyman) would help make it more interesting, but I'm very min-maxy so perhaps that's just me. How about the rest of you, is there anything you think would help the satisfaction menu be more satisfying to players as a whole?
community manager and admin, feel free to for any comments, questions, or concerns.

I guess I get a mod voice now too. Cool. If you see me using this someone dun goofed.
2095conash

Re: Satisfaction menu suggestions

Postby Kargan3033 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:13 am

Well the thing that comes to mind is when you have spent all your satisfaction getting all the up grades you still gain more satisfaction with nothing to spend it all on so something to use up any gained satisfaction once you have gained all the upgrades would be a good thing, maybe spending the satisfaction on stat upgrades?
" Skilled Perversion is not just a role playing game stat, it's a way of life. "
Kargan3033

Postby 2095conash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:26 am

community manager and admin, feel free to for any comments, questions, or concerns.

I guess I get a mod voice now too. Cool. If you see me using this someone dun goofed.
2095conash

Postby GameAdam » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:32 am

Instead of the broken/late game tier items (which in my opinion should be hidden Easter eggs) replace them with either new party member skills and/or stat boosts. Party skills like for 2~5 satisfaction Yamamaya get's a new rage, Elaiya gets an ability to hit all targets at once, and/or Meline gets de-spell mind. etc. Also I feel like the Hero's satisfaction cost for all his ability's are too high causing some players to save up solely for him and not the other bonuses.
GameAdam

Postby Seil » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:49 am

Store upgrade line is kinda useless, tbh. Flo starts selling stuff you can buy elsewhere, more people in the shop and that's pretty much it. Maybe if that included some kind of other benefit, it might be viable. Like upgraded store sells items you can't get anywhere else, maybe some kind of monetary reward as well, since the store is more popular you get bigger dividends or something like that.
Because, you are... a puppet.
Seil

Postby Major Malinger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:27 pm

I think it would be more interesting if the satisfation menu was replaced with choices based on which girls you have and their affection levels. Like say once you have the maids up to 80 you have the choice to have them knit you a special hat, or they start giving all the girls massages giving +1 to everyone's happiness or something like that. The Amazing Old Man could come from a set of always available things based on guild rank or level. Something to make it feel like the choices matter and gated so that a new played doesn't feel overwhelmed or worried that they will make a bad choice and that later ones can obviously be more powerful without destroying early game balance.

You could do stat rewards or an item or increase to their relationship buff for most of the girls. Say Florine uses her superior merchant skills to barter for this stat increase item, or she just gets even more money out of the store by reselling everything she barters for.
Huh, well I'll be.
Major Malinger

Postby Kargan3033 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 pm

" Skilled Perversion is not just a role playing game stat, it's a way of life. "
Kargan3033

Postby Omnibomb » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm

something to increase gift effectiveness, something to increase invest effectiveness, consumables as a satisfaction sink
Omnibomb

Postby CataclysmRising » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:45 am

I think the best satisfaction-sink could be moving time forward. Spend 10 satisfaction for a sleeping pill that you can use to go to the next day. It's instant money and a chance to boost relationships all in one. (Having it as a pill also means that people are less likely to screw up and purchase it before having gifted everyone that day. (Perhaps right after waking up with some new satisfaction?)

I'm not sure how the balance stacks up, but I know I'd but biotic arm seems a bit OP. (if you don't think so can I get more? Go go team magic!) Speaking of why can't we purchase some items more than once? I'd seriously like to buy 3 biotic arms and maybe multiple knit caps to gear out my mages. (Which seem a little too costly, but there's nothing else to compare them to. 15 or 20 seems like the right price for all of these items, but they should all be the same cost IMO.)
CataclysmRising

Postby Kargan3033 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 am

Kargan3033

Next

Return to Harem Collector